Benefits of a Trained Puppy
The benefits of having a trained dog are nearly limitless! From the moment you get your new puppy or dog, here are just some of the advantages and benefits:
- Provides the experiences and opportunities for your puppy to develop interaction skills with other puppies, with people, and in new environments.
- Puppy socialization has been found to be critical to the psychological health of adult dogs. Provides the opportunity for this important facet of your puppy’s upbringing.
- Provides dog owners the skills and knowledge for dealing with common, normal dog behaviors—starting with puppy behaviors such as housetraining and chewing.
- Encourages the behavior or job you want your dog to do.
- Provides dogs with the basic good manners we all want—from polite greeting when guests arrive, to walking nicely on the leash, to coming when called.
- A trained dog is a fully participating member of the family—what a gift for all of you!
- A trained dog joins in the fun when company comes, accompanies the family to the kids’ sports games, goes with you to visit friends and relatives, goes for hikes, swims, and everything else the family does together.
- Enables you to choose from among a broad range of activities and dog sports to participate in and enjoy with your dog such as dog agility, Rally-obedience, dancing with your dog, tracking, search & rescue, skijoring, sledding, water rescue trials, obedience, carting, reading programs, therapy work, and a nearly endless range of fun and philanthropic things to do!
- A trained dog has been shown to be the single most important thing that keeps a dog in his or her “forever” home.
- A trained dog builds your mutual bond, enhances the partnership and enriches the relationship you share with your dog. Is there anything better?
- Having a trained dog is a joy for both you and your dog that forever bonds!